Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring has sprung!



Spring break was nice. Eric and I left Corvallis to visit Prineville for a week. Peanut got to meet his new brother-in-law "Jack" - little black mutt. They LOVED each other, maybe a bit too much. ;)


I got a new haircut, chopped off 4 inches and got some layering done. I look so different!!! I really wanted to have my hair color be all my own natural color for our wedding, so I chopped off all the old fake stuff and split ends. I LOVE IT.







Wedding planning is going fine, though I'm a bit overwhelmed. There are so many little tiny things and they really add up!!! Some good news - we were able to find wedding invitations on clearance (80% off!) for only $11. That's right, we are paying about $100 less for invitations than we had planned. Excellent!


I can't WAIT to move out of Corvallis. Eric and I both agree it's not an ideal place to live. So in June, when he's done with his degree, we plan on moving somewhere new. The scary thing is we have NO IDEA where we'll be moving. There seems to be jobs all over the country that Eric will qualify for so we're just waiting to see which one God wants us to pick. It's pretty exhilarating not knowing where we'll be living 3 months from now. We could be in Alaska, Texas, Oklahoma, Maine, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona...we really have no idea.

What I want more than anything is a nice house with a HUGE yard for all of our pets. I'm hoping someday I can run my own doggy daycare on my own property. I'm also hoping someday I can save up enough money to buy myself a nice digital SLR camera so that I can get more involved with my most favorite hobby - photography! Honestly I still don't understand WHY I'm in college getting a B.S. in Social Science, it has absolutely nothing to do with my interests. I LOVE animals (especially dogs) and photography. That's about it. haha :)

I AM SO HAPPY with Eric, he really is my perfect match. Anytime we talk about life - morals, goals, crazy ideas, opinions, we always seem to agree on everything. It really makes life easier when two hearts are pointed in the same direction. We both want to have livestock someday - Eric wants meat goats and rabbits, I'm hoping we can also afford a couple horses or mules someday too. I want to live out in the country - I'm willing to work in a city so long as I can have my home be out somewhere more rural. I love seeing stars at night. I'm hoping we can live somewhere sunny and warm but at the same time I will be happy just about anywhere. My furry little family is coming with us wherever we go.

One thing I LOVE about my relationship with Eric is that we are both perfectly content with VERY LITTLE (in regards to material possessions). We lived in a travel trailer for 6 months out in the desert, we have considered living in a BUS...we really are just happy to have food, shelter, and each other's company. We are both so blessed to have found each other!

I'm rambling a bit too much - I think I need food to recharge my brain!!!!


:)
Matthew 6:19-21
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

No comments:

Post a Comment